Are you tired of braces? Want to get rid of them? Do not! These tips will help you on your way to a beautiful smile!
1) Do not rush. When the braces were first set up for you, perhaps this is not what you expected or wanted. But after a while, when the teeth begin to align, you will notice how good the teeth begin to look. Aligning the teeth with braces can be accompanied by painful sensations for approximately a week.
2) Stop worrying about how your teeth look in braces and don’t be afraid to smile. In the end, you will realize that it was worth it! You can also ask the orthodontist to periodically flush the braces.
3) Follow the rules. In the long run, this advice will help you achieve incredible results! It may be difficult to resist some foods, but still, how great it will be when you eat these foods with straight teeth! Here are the things that you should not eat during the correction of teeth with braces:
- Caramel in any form or very sticky or lumpy peanut butter
- Chewing gum
- Chocolate bars
- Do not eat popcorn
- Do not take a lot of carbonated sweet drinks
- Jelly candies
- Lollipops or nuts
4) Eat fruit with vitamin C, as this will help your gums.
5) Decorate them! Wear colored straps, don’t be afraid to turn your braces into a unique accessory.
6) Brush your teeth 3-5 times a day. Well, if you have a small handbag and you can put a toothbrush there for travel and with a small volume of toothpaste. If you don’t like brushing your teeth, think about how good your teeth will look when the braces are removed.
7) Do not worry. Many dentists advise you to refrain from foods with a high amount of sugar, such as ice cream and sugary sodas, but do not worry – just limit the use of such foods. However, too much sugar contributes to tooth decay.
8) Be demanding on brushing your teeth. The remnants of food that are in your braces look simply ugly. A good electric toothbrush or irrigator will clean them.
9) It is allowed to chew gum, just make sure that it is sugar free.
10) Do not panic if the wire in the braces is torn. Just grab a pair of nail clippers and cut the wire where you feel comfortable. If the wire is sharp, you can bend it down with a nail file or use orthodontic wax. Also, be sure to contact your orthodontist as soon as possible. A wire break can significantly increase the wearing time of braces.
11) If your orthodontist recommends, use a device called a “bite plate” and use it strictly as directed by your doctor, otherwise it can also increase the period of wearing braces.
12) Sometimes the discomfort from braces varies from discomfort during the bite to toothache. To relieve pain, the following actions are possible:
- Eat soft foods such as yogurt, pudding, and applesauce
- Place a heating pad or rag on your jaw.
- Rinse your mouth with warm, salt water.
- Use an over-the-counter pain medication, not aspirin.
13) At the end of treatment, you will receive a retainer that will hold the teeth in their new position. It is very important to wear it! Otherwise, the teeth return to their original position.